from a very sunny and very rainy Brooklyn!
Much to the disappointment of my crepe loving friends, I decided to make mini pea and mint frittatas for my Easter brunch. I combined a few different recipes using some of my favorite ingredients and the end result was a success. The recipe is very simple and easy to scale up or down for a quick dinner for one or brunch with friends.
Mini pea, mint and feta frittatas
- 200g feta
- 1 leek
- 6 spring onions
- 1 small handful fresh mint
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 12 eggs
- 1 dash milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cook the chopped spring onions and leek in a little butter for a few minutes in a small frying pan.
- Mix the cooked vegetables with chopped feta, fresh mint and peas.
- Put a heaped spoonful of the vegetable mixture into each section of a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Pour seasoned egg mixture (beaten eggs, with a dash of milk) over the vegetables to cover.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15mins until cooked through and beginning to brown.
I ended up with extra veggie mixture left over so I also made a more traditional style frittata in a square glass dish. This took slightly longer to cook but the resulting thin slices actually worked better than mini version. In the spirit of tradition, I also made some chocolate crispy cakes. I couldn’t resist these Union Jack cake cases to remind me of home.